Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Product Review - L'Oreal Double Extension Beauty Tubes mascara

The ad for this product was too good to be true. For only $8.87 (Wal-Mart in Texas price) my eyes could sparkle, flutter, and knock men's socks off worldwide. This was the perfect addition in my attempts to steal Hugh Jackman from his wife when I am in Australia next week!

On a whim, I decided to purchase the L'Oreal Double Ext...ok, you can read the title.

The site claims 'you can get the same salon-like extension result that is completely hassle free' without spending $600 on professional extensions. While I have been told my eyes are my best feature of my face, I've never been a fan of my 'average' eyelashes and am quite envious of those who do get the sleepy, sultry effect from having thick ones. I chunked the product in my cart and headed about my merry way.

After applying the product, I must admit, while it does provide some 'extension', it certainly did not perform as well as an $8 bottle of black paste should. I'm a faithful subscriber to the all time best seller and classic Maybelline Great Lash mascara, which is half the price. It gives my eyes a smokier appearance and is easier to wash off.

The beauty tubes product is a two step process and requires a steadier hand - the first application is a white cream of some sort that 'lengthens and separates'. The second requires the better control over your hand - if you don't cover all of the white, you look like you have eyelash dandruff, and that's just a fashion faux pas. The mascara is also a little more difficult to remove. With most mascaras I have used, a warm washcloth and some eye makeup remover does the trick. With this, it felt like I was pulling off my lashes, and I don't have any to spare.

Overall review? I liked it, but not enough to justify spending $9 on it. When the price falls to $5.00, I may consider buying it again. Until then, it sits in my makeup tray.

No comments: