Thursday, April 23, 2009

Product Review - Halls Breezers


I feel like mush.
That would be the understatement of the century. Between threats from DHL about shipping me off to the big orange house since I can't locate the FCC number and my jet lag from country-hopping these past few months, it's no surprise that the great MsJudgemental's health finally caved to the flu gods, leaving me in bed for 16 hours straight. I've been hacking up - well, this is a PG-rated blog, so maybe I'll leave you with the notion that I have been coughing, sneezing, and miserable since Sunday afternoon. At first I had hoped it was simply an attack of the allergies, what with our two straight days of torrential rains, but despite my constant Benadryl popping, my efforts were futile and I found myself even more miserable.
I rarely get sick. When I do fall victim to the flu, a cold, scarlet fever (yep, been there), or a sinus infection, it knocks me off my feet and cripples me for two days until I allow myself to get better. During that time I am constantly coughing and certainly get to annoy my favorite useless coworker with a loud, deep cough. I picked up the Halls(TM) Breezers from a gas station one morning, having had enough of the menthol-taste in my mouth and feeling like I could smell a skunk from ten miles away.
I love these things. They taste decent, for a cough drop. They are sweet and quickly ease my itchy throat with no aftertaste. For about $2.00 a bag (via the gas station) I can have some temporary relief (so can my coworkers) from the most annoying part about being sick - the chronic cough. Let's just hope it's not whooping cough.
My apologies for the short review, but alas...with the economy in shambles, I have to ensure that my work comes before my pleasure.

No comments: