Thursday, May 14, 2009

Product Review - Adams Flea Mist

Dear readers,

I know I'm lagging on reviews. I actually have several products in the hopper, but these past few weeks have gone from strange to bad for me. My health has been deteriorating and slowly continues to decline. I am 24 years old. My symptoms are almost controlling my life, and I have paced the floors constantly, waiting for lab results to come back to tell me what my problem is.

However, I do have some time and energy on my hands and therefore, you guys get a review.
In Texas, flea season is in full swing. This year has been one of the worst years I've ever experienced in my 15 years of animal-ownership. Last week, I walked Cyrus out for a quick potty before bed. Normally, I take him out, bring him in, flip him over, and attack the fleas with a vengance. This time, I had fleas covering my feat and calves. I immediately threw us both into the shower to save us from any diseases caused by the biting fleas. With my health in its current state, the fewer bites, sinus infections, and headaches I have, the better off I am.


A few days later, I was given a bottle of Adams Flea Control Mist. The directions are simple: spray on clean dog. You can also spray the product on the carpet, pet bedding, and in corners. I've tried flea sprays before with no avail, aside from wasting my money. I faced this product with apprehension and cynicism.
I washed the victim (Cyrus the Bulldog), treated his back to flea drops, then rolled him over and sprayed his belly and legs. I vacuumed my floors, scrubbed sheets, and hoped for the best.
Overall review: One treatment of this product lasts a solid two days before I douse my dog in it again. The fleas make it to the outside of his legs, but I have yet to see any more on his belly.
The odor is a little strong when first sprayed, otherwise it is odorless and has caused no irritation to my dog's skin. I've noticed less scratching, no dry, itchy skin, and a happier Bully. You can check out additional flea mists made by the Adams company here.

Editor's note: Please discuss all flea treatments/products with your vet before using them on your pet. This is merely my opinion and experience from the product.

No comments: